Learn The Exact Steps You Need to Follow to Launch a Successful and Profitable Blog!
If you are an entrepreneur, CEO, professional, blogger, artist, musician, creator or anyone who wants to be successful in a world now dominated by a social web then there is a question you will need to ask yourself
“If you had to start from scratch, what are the steps that you would take to build a global engaged audience?”
- You don’t know where to begin. You keep reading advice about blogging, but there’s just so much to learn.
- You’re not sure about the technology side of things. There’s so much jargon around: WordPress, plugins, widgets, HTML, CSS, Gravatar, tweet, domain name, hosting…
- You’re almost ready, but you keep second-guessing yourself, wondering if you’ll ever be good enough at blogging to be successful.
- You’re not very confident about writing online (even if you’ve got some experience writing letter or memo as part of your job).
- You have several different ideas for blogs and you don’t know which one you should commit to.
Do any of those sound familiar? The truth is that they’re all really common worries and problems. In fact, I think I had all of them at once when I began blogging in 2010!
I’ve got some good news for you: Blogging doesn’t have to be that complicated!
Here Is Your Chance to Literally Know How to Blog (Make Money and Be an Authority in your Chosen Niche) Practically Overnight!
- Yes, there are lots of different things you could learn – but you don’t need to learn them all at once.
- Yes, the technology can be daunting – but once someone explains things in plain English, you’ll find that everything makes a lot more sense.
- Yes, you might not quite feel ready – but getting moving is the best way to improve.
- Yes, you may not be the next Wole Soyinka – but there are lots of simple writing techniques you can learn and use to write great posts.
- And yes, you might have lots of good ideas – but you can narrow these down to one idea that is really going to work for you.
How do I know? Because our shiny new workshop “Get Blogging” is designed to help you get your blog up and running with a minimum of fuss.
If it sounds just what you want, you can join now, or you can read on for more details.
Introducing the Get Blogging Workshop
Get Blogging is a straight forward One Days workshop, designed to get your blog up and running in less than a month.
You don’t need any previous experience – Get Blogging covers everything, starting with settling on the right topic for your blog.
As part of the workshop, you also get access to online forums where you can talk with me and other course members. This is a brilliant opportunity to network, and to get help and support with any questions you might have.
After the workshop ends, you’ll still have full access – meaning you don’t need to worry about falling behind or missing anything.
Here’s the full course program:
Module 1: Planning for Success
Lesson #1: Choosing and Refining Your Blog’s Topic
Wondering whether you should have a narrow niche, focus on making money or choose something you’re passionate about? Getting your topic right is crucial to success – and we’ll help you feel confident about your choice.
Lesson #2: Understanding How Blogs Make Money
Get to grips with the key options (donations, advertising, affiliate revenue, product sales, freelancing and other services)and the benefits and drawbacks of each – so you can decide, right from the start, how your blog will make money for you.
Lesson #3: Naming Your Blog
Learn the pros and cons of using your own name (e.g. kingsleynwaogbo.com), a brandable word (e.g. Blogger), or a keyword-rich domain. Understand what makes for a good blog name.
Lesson #4: Choosing and Registering Your Domain Name
Find out how to choose your domain name (also called URL or web address) and where to register it. You’ll want to avoid changing your domain name once you’ve started, so it’s important to get this right. We also cover your options if you don’t want to pay for a domain name.
Module 2: Getting Your Blog Online
Lesson #1: Choosing Your Blogging Platform
Blogger, WordPress.com, and WordPress.org – what are the difference, and which one is right for you? Find out why we recommend WordPress, and how to get started with it.
Lesson #2: Choosing a Hosting Provider
Understand what hosting is. Learn what to look for in a web host – and why you want to get a good hosting solution in place from the start. We recommend our favourites.
Lesson #3: Choosing Your Theme
Learn about the different themes (designs) available for WordPress – and the key things to keep in mind when you’re choosing a theme.
Lesson #4: Customising Your Header
Personalise your blog with a custom banner at the top – we show you how to do this, with step-by-step instructions and support through the forums.
Module 3: Enhancing Your Blog
Lesson #1: Quick but Powerful Tweaks
Learn about some important tweaks you can make to your blog, like changing your permalinks, turning off comments after a set period of time, using the full range of formatting options, and much more.
Lesson #2: Setting Up Your Sidebar
We show you how to change your sidebar, taking off widgets you don’t want (like the default “meta” one that WordPress puts in place) and adding useful ones that will encourage readers to stick around.
Lesson #3: Letting Readers Subscribe
Learn what an RSS feed is and why it matters. Add an email subscription option to your blog, so readers can get posts straight to their inbox.
Lesson #4: Important and Useful WordPress Plugins
We explain what plugins are and how to install them on your blog. This lesson includes a handy list of recommended plugins, so you can super-charge your blog from day one.
Module 4: Writing for Your Blog
Lesson #1: Creating Your About Page
It can be tough to know what to put on your About page – but this may well become one of the most visited pages on your blog.
Lesson #2: Adding a Contact Page
Decide what information to include on your contact page, and use the popular Contact Form 7 plugin with our handy instructions.
Lesson #3: Publishing Your First Post
Learn what to write in your first post, how to add it to WordPress, and how to format it for easy reading.
Lesson #4: Writing More Posts
Come up with ideas, plan your posts, and understand how to use several powerful blog post structures. We also cover posting frequency – and backdating posts at the start of your blog.
What You’ll Get From the Workshop
By the end of the workshop, your blog will be online and ready for readers. You’ll have a design you like, a custom header, complete About and Contact pages, and at least one post up.
You will be part of our forum where you will get active support and lend you a helping hand.
We understand that it can be tough to find the time and motivation to start blogging, so we make things as easy for you as possible, with:
- A short email every Monday linking to post, useful forum posts and other resources, and including success stories from other members to help encourage you.
- Friendly forums where you can ask questions, chat about blogging, and get help and support. We’ll be in the forums regularly to help you with any problems or worries you have.
- Video tutorials as well as text-based lessons; all videos come with written instructions too, in case you can’t or prefer not to watch video.
And There Is More… We Have Some Exciting Bonuses To Give You Right after the workshop
Below you’ll find a list of bonuses you’ll receive right after the course. They will complement what you’ll learn during the workshop. More bonuses will be added over time, and you’ll receive them too, at no extra cost.
Bonus #1: “WordPress Theme”
This theme used to sell for $hundreds of dollars. You are going to get it completely free. It contains the themes you need for a start.
Bonus #2: “WordPress Plugins”
If you want to grow your blog over time you’ll need to treat it like a business and this plug-in will help you get found on search engine as well as add social tools to your blog.
Bonus #3: “eBook Resources”
The Workshop comes up on Saturday, 7 December 2013 and the Workshop Fee is N3,000 payable at the venue
The Venue is Naijaoutlook
Maverick Nigeria Ltd
77B, Bank Anthony Way
Opp General Hospital/Conoil
For Enquiry, Call 0708 516 5056, 0817 516 5056